Financial Policy for Uganda Wildlife Society
This is what guides the financial management in the Organisation.
- Uganda Wildlife Society Policy account manual for 2007
- Uganda Wildlife Society financial accounting manual -2013
Personell Policy for Uganda Wildlife Society
- Uganda wildlife personnel policy manual 2013 : This is the Uganda Wildlife Society personnel policy manual for 2013 that guides the issues and matters to do with the organisations personnel.
- Staff leave form for UWS 2013 : The Form that allows leave for staff in the Uganda Wildlife Society.
- Staff performance appraisal form 2013 : This is a policy implementing strategy for evaluating staff performance.
Financial Reports UWS
UGANDA WILD LIFE SOCIETY JOB DISCRIPTION FOR THE POST OF PUBLICIY AND PRODUCTION OFFICER
UWS was established in 1998 with the Goal of promoting Wildlife conservation in Uganda through membership capacity building, policy dialogues, awareness raising, research and advocacy. The Society programme activities are implemented within a framework of a UWS Strategic Plan that emphasizes among others, strengthening UWS membership and membership services, improved programme delivery, partnerships and outreach and building a strong and viable Society. The Society Membership is diverse and includes the Academia, Policy makers, private sector, government institutions, civil society and the general public. The Society operates from its offices that are located in Kampala purposely to serve as a Secretariat, represent UWS, manage and monitor implementation of UWS field-local level and national activities and support members. The Secretariat receives policy guidance and supervision from the Executive Committee.
Uganda Wildlife Society seeks to recruit a publicity and production officer to be based at her secretariat in Kampala. Reporting to the Executive Secretary, and working closely with other technical and administration staff of UWS under the overall guidance of the Society’s Executive Committee, the Publicity and Production Officer is responsible for the overall management of the UWS production Unit and Membership Service. The Publicity and Production Officer will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Be responsible for management and marketing of UWS production Unit Services Both to the Society Members and to the General public.
- Develop an overall strategy for running the production unit including, marketing, pricing and delivery of production unit services internally and to the general public:
- Be responsible for the day to day management of the Society Website including, routine updates with information, website enrichment and internal local area networking.
- Be responsible for production and supply of Society Corporate Materials to Members and interested general public.
- Be responsible to/take care of the Society Production Unit Equipment, ensure their proper maintenance and service.
- Be responsible for the day to day Society Membership Services including, communication and information delivery to and reception from members and the general public.
- Develop and implement the Society membership recruitment and members’ services including,
- -recruitment events and activities
- -nature walks
- -E- Newsletter production
- -database management
- -membership finances management before submission to the general Society accounts department
- -preparing quarterly, semiannual and annual membership financial and technical reports.
- Representing UWS in Alliances and Networks where activities relevant to the Society Membership is participated in.
- Performing other duties as may from time to time be requested by the Executive Secretary of UWS.
- Excellent knowledge of Public Relations and Communication strategies including Internet and Web based medium, IT networking and social media, Public Speaking, Database management (Excel, Dbase, Power point, Publisher, Photoshop inclusive).
- Marketing/Business and accounting skills/knowledge and inter-personal relations.
- Knowledge/Skills on video documentary and photography.
- Skills/experience in events management.
A Bachelors Degree and post graduate qualifications/Diploma that gives you the qualifications required above will be necessary.
Timeline for applications
Suitably-qualified applicants are invited to submit by email, a letter of application not more than one page, together with a Curriculum Vita of not more than two pages. Please address your application to: The Executive Secretary, Uganda Wildlife Society P.O.BOX 7422 Kampala Uganda, to reach no later than 1st of April 2013. Submit your application by email to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Research reports Publications